A frozen shoulder can make you restless, and restrict you from doing basic tasks. A frozen shoulder only affects the capsule- the inner lining of the shoulder joint. The capsule is ultra-elastic and overstretches even after a simple arm twist, hence freezing the shoulder. Over 75% of people with frozen shoulders are misdiagnosed.
A frozen shoulder can last up to 3 years, but eventually, it heals on its own. However, due to the discomfort, experts can recommend treatment methods some which are not very efficient. They include taking pain relievers, exercising, acupuncture and Bowen therapy. In this article, we will delve deep into the Bowen therapy and weigh its effectiveness.
When compared to other types of treatments, such as osteopathy, chiropractic, or physiotherapy, Bowen work therapy heals shoulder freezes faster.
What is Bowen Therapy?
Bowen therapy is a gentle and pain-free remedy that relaxes specific connective and muscle tissues in the shoulder. The movement balances the nervous system and muscular-skeletal and inhibits the irritation that limits your shoulder`s movement.
How Many Bowen Therapy Sessions is needed?
A normal frozen shoulder heal in 6 sessions. However, you can expect pain relief within the first three sessions.
Research to Show the Effectiveness of Bowen Therapy
In a study conducted In the UK, 3 to 6 sessions of Bowen therapy were enough to curtail frozen shoulders even to patients who had suffered for a long time. The study involved 20 participants undergoing the therapy. Of all the participants, 70% were fully healed, with the other 30% showing improved mobility. Over 80% reported a reduction in pain level from 10 to around 2. Some still had mild pains but attested to some improvement after receiving the therapy.
From this research, it is evident that Bowen therapy is the most effective treatment for frozen shoulders. Try it today and regain mobility!