Because shampoos you are buying contain some chemicals that you don’t want to use, all-natural shampoo is a much better option. Yes, it requires more time to make than to buy a regular shampoo, but you will know what you are using. The best shampoo is that you make yourself. In order to achieve this, you must do several things.
- Because you will have to use Lye (it can burn the skin) you must use protection. Use gloves and safety glasses and don’t allow your children to be near you while you are making your shampoo.
- Pour oil (do not add the peppermint essential oil) into the slow cooker. Place it on the highest setting and turn it on.
- Because you need a good ventilation, do this outside. Pour 8 ounces of clean water into the bowl and add the lye. Stir until it completely dissolves. You must remember that pouring water into the lye isn’t a good idea. It can cause an overflow and violent reaction. So, always add lye to the water.
- Pour that mixture to the slow cooker into the oils, and use blender to blend it. Cook that mixture until it is thick but not stiff.
- Stir and add the peppermint essential oil.
- Use a grater to grate 4 ounces of soap. Add it to the boiling water and stir.
- Add glycerin
- Add 10 drops of the peppermint essential oil into the soap mixture. This will prevent the bacterial growth and it will give a nice scent. Then pour the mixture into the molds and wait 24 hours.
You can use this shampoo 2 weeks. During that time, it should be kept in the refrigerator.